Symantec Corporation took a leap forward by introducing Norton Antivirus Security, a standalone security system for PCs, laptops, tablets, and cell phones, covering all kind of Operating Systems. The software offering is with one-hundred percent virus protection or 60-day money back guarantee. Not only high promises, but Symantec’s Norton managed to enlist its name in Top Products catalogue by AV-TEST, under the parameters of high performance and best protection. Norton’s high-end security techniques have fused with Artificial Intelligence to provide safety to your device from all web attacks like spoofing and phishing.
Norton Antivirus Security is available with different versions based on its utility, namely Standard – For 1 device, Deluxe – For 5 devices and Premium – For 10 devices. Premium version is available with 25GB of online storage with cloud protection.
Norton Antivirus Security Features:
- Information Protection – User can specify information to share on the internet and blocks on unsecured websites. Information sharing is intimated to the user if it is done purposely on unsafe external sites.
- Social Network Protection -“Norton’s Secure web for Facebook” lets you to use you Facebook safely by scanning news feeds with proper identification of phishing websites and troubling downloads.
- Email Protection – Email scanning in SMTP and POP3 accounts with an additional layered security of Auto-protect feature makes it safe to access all emails.
- Backup and Restore – Norton has availed up to 25GB of data backup and restore with the Deluxe version on its cloud under the supervision of Norton’s security.
- Web Safety – Norton’s safe web feature enables your system to detect malicious IPs and domains before visiting it.
- Identity Protection – Secure storage of username and passwords with auto fill feature.
- Firewall, Anti spam and Spyware Protection from viruses, malware, and suspicious downloads.
Norton Security Specifications as per CNET.com:
Download Editor’s Rating : 4.5 out of 5
Average User Rating : 3.5 out of 5
Cost : $49.99 (May change with Norton’s latest offer(s))
Operating System : Windows XP,Vista 7, 8, 10
Application File Size : 1.04 MB
Download and Installation Process:
To download trial version of Norton Security Premium, go to the following link and follow steps:
- Click “Download Now”.
- Launch downloaded application file and wait until the complete download of Norton’s Security in Norton Download Manager window.
- After initialization, tick on Norton License Agreement and click “Agree & Install”.
- Following the welcome screen and installation process, Your Norton Security software is ready to run.
- Double click to run “Norton Security and Backup” from the desktop icon.
- It will prompt you to an activation window. Click on “Activate Now”.
Note: Keep your internet connectivity On as it communicates with Norton Server
- Sign in with your credentials if you already have a Norton account, else fill out required details under “Create an Account” tab, thenclick on “Create Account”.
- As the activation process is complete. Your 30-day trail “Norton Security with Backup” is ready to use.
Note: Software may need Protection Updates
- Go to Control Panel from windows start button.
- Click on “Programs and Feature” option.
- Find “Norton Security with Backup” with publisher name as “Symantec Corporation”.Right click on it and select Uninstall option.
- To select uninstall preference, click on “Please remove all user data”.
- It will prompt to a confirmation window, click “Next”.
- Wait until the complete uninstall process.
- To complete the process, you need to restart your system. Click on “Restart Now”.
- Promising security from inside and outside connectivity of the system.
- Intuitive user interface with easy to use option(s).
- Because of high RAM usage by software, system performance is sluggish.